Sweet Suite Shelter© System . . . GC's Innovative Shelter Concept
For the Pets
For our Adopters
For our Staff
Our Sweet Suite Shelter© System
- Every pet is admitted into our Home Base center in Fort Davis and moves progressively through our suite stations within 4 to 10 days.
- Each suite is designed for maximum interaction with our staff during the staff’s routine work day.
- The suite stations sequence from start to finish:
- Medical Suite for full exam and vaccinations before they “hit the floor”
- Welcome Suite for pet behavior evaluation
- Surgery Suite for routine medical and spay/neuter procedures
- Luster’s Suite for post surgery and introduction to home life
- Sweet Suites for home manners and a head start on house training, crate training, and leash training
- Ready for adoption and transport to our satellite adoption center within 4 to 10 days
- Each suite station has built in systems to capture the personality and unique characteristics of each individual pet. This information is included in the pet’s Sweet Suite Portfolio which provides our team of adoption specialists the tools they need to provide client care excellence in making the best match for the client and the pet.
- Our unique staff training programs reduce pet anxiety, alleviating shelter stress which is a primary contributing factor in shelter disease and fatalities.
- Our ergonomic shelter design lessens staff time for pet care.
- Our suites are designed to set up our pets for practicing the behavior skills they need to successfully transition into their home.
- The systems design used to capture and relay the information included in our Pet Portfolios offers easier operations for our staff, with the systems themselves carrying load.